Sunday 9 February 2014

Week 18 and Old Wives Tales!


How far along:  Eighteen Weeks! 
Weight Gain:  6 whole pounds!
Maternity Clothes:  I know I don't look very big, but I really need to get some maternity trousers.  I'm only wearing leggings now - yikes!
Stretch Marks:  Nope!
Belly Button:  In!
Queasy or Sick:  Taking my tablets and feeling OK!
Sleep:  I've had a few nights where I've woken up with sharp pains, panicked, listened to the wind and then drifted off again.  I've bought a V Shaped pillow (Similar) and I'm hoping that gives me a bit more support.
Best Moment of the Week:  Yesterday, B and I had an "us" day:  Tea and Cake at Florence Cafe, Mothercare for pram browsing and B and Q for some power tools (B's request for Valentine's Day!).  
Worst Moment of the Week:  It's not been a great week if I'm honest. I've been tired, lonely and just plain grumpy.  B has been on night shifts....I've been left to wallow.  It's been pretty bad.
Miss Anything:  Starburst Jelly Beans. Not missing them because I can't eat them, but just because you can't GET them here.
Movement:   I don't think so.  Everyone says I should start to feel something, but I'm not sure what exactly I should be feeling.
Cravings:   As the chalkboard says, it's mostly all junk at the moment.  I can't get enough!
Looking forward to:  Friday.  It's the last day of the half term - thank goodness!

Tea and Carrot Cake...Yes, please!


In other news, I had a bit of fun Saturday morning going through the Old Wives Tales and seeing if I could shed some light on Baby McBerry.   We decided not find out the gender of baby, but now that my 20 week scan is getting closer and closer, curiosity is getting the better of me.

I was initially convinced that Baby McBerry is a girl.   I've had strange dreams and just had that gut instinct - of course this could be because I know what to do with girls and the thought of having a boy scares me.  Now, I'm convinced baby is a boy.  So much for instinct!

B, on the other hand, is convinced that it's a boy.  Why?  We know a lot of girl babies.  Good logic, B.  

Old Wives Tales

Morning Sickness:     Yes    No
Cravings:     Sweet    Salty/Sour
Chinese Calendar:     Girl    Boy
Sleeping on:     Right    Left
Mood:     Moody    Happy
Disposition:     Graceful    Clumsy
Headaches:     More    Less
Ring Test:     Girl    Boy
Hands:     Soft    Dry
Carrying Baby:     High    Low
Even/Odd Test:     Girl    Boy 

Girl  5   Boy  6  

Well...that's a close call, Old Wives.  To be fair, the sleeping question isn't really true as I am lying on my back (I know - I'm getting close to that time when you aren't supposed to) as it's the only comfortable position.  I'm usually so desperate to get rid of the nausea, I'll lay however I can.

I guess we will just have to wait for mid July!

On the topic of sickness, my dad often recalls how he spent my night feeds watching the 1984 Olympics and cleaning my adorable baby vomit off of his chest.   Seems kind of ironic that I've been nursing my own sickness and watching the Sochi Olympics. Coincidence?  Who knows....

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment