Saturday 7 June 2014

Happy Birthday, B!

It feels like it's all about Baby McBerry at the moment.  Let's take a minute and see what else is going on in the world of J and B!


Last weekend, we celebrated B's birthday with his parents and Heidi and Toby.  B's mum, Marilyn, prepared a mouthwatering three course meal, complete with Champagne and Chambord (I even had a little taste!).

Vegetarian option:  No Prawns
Vegetarian option:  Arancini (similar recipe) instead of lamb

It was an amazing meal - we felt truly spoilt!

After, we enjoyed a cup of tea with carrot cake!  Marilyn is an amazing cake decorator - I can do the baking, but I'm not very skilled in the decoration department.  We had a little tutorial where she taught me the tricks of the trade.  I am so pleased with how it turned out!

For B's actual birthday, I wanted to celebrate in the best way I knew how! Presents!  I had loads of great ideas, but the unpredictable nature of the next month or two left me with few options.  I decided to go for some good ol' gifts I knew he would like.


Gifts included a garden tool set, liquid smoke, a Michael Kors reversible belt and a Dents wallet. Success?  I think so. 

In the evening, we used our June date night gift from our anniversary present!  I had purchased £20 gift vouchers for Nando's, Pizza Express and Prezzo - the three restaurants in town in King's Lynn.  The challenge:  One evening, one course in each restaurant.  


Starter: Dough Balls and a tomato cucumber salad from Pizza Express




Main:  Half a Chicken and chips and a veggie bean burger with chips from Nandos. 


Wow....sunshine!

Dessert:  Honeycomb cheesecake with banana gelato and amaretti and banana gelato from Prezzo. 

In case you missed it, here are the 1st Anniversary Paper gifts so far:
January:  Tickets to the King's Lynn Comedy Club
February:  B and B (Which didn't actually happen due to our sudden move!)
March:  A Couples Massage at Knight's Hill Imagine Spa
April:  £10 for a Fondue night in
May:  £100 for the Neptune Inn in Hunstanton
June:  £20 for Prezzo, Pizza Express and Nando's.  One night, One course in each restaurant

Happy weekend, Everyone!  Happy Birthday, B!
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment